Recipients of the Joseph T. Taylor Excellence in Diversity Awards have helped recruit and/or retain African American and Hispanic faculty, staff, and students at IUPUI. They’ve also enhanced the campus climate for diversity through innovative curricula, research, programs, and events.
Most of all, the awardees have continued Joseph Taylor’s legacy of building a diverse IUPUI community.
To nominate someone for the Dr. Joseph T. Taylor Excellence in Diversity Award you will need to complete the nomination form, answer a brief questionnaire and upload 3 mandatory letters of support, as well as provide up to 3 optional supporting documents that highlight your nominee's outstanding contributions to any of the 5 areas listed below:
- Institutional Leadership and Commitment - Clarity of expectations, resource investment, and accountability at all levels of leadership.
- Curricular and Co-Curricular Transformation – Incorporating principles of multiculturalism, pluralism, equity, and diversity into the curriculum and co-curriculum.
- Campus Climate - The degree to which the events, messages, symbols, and values of the campus make it a welcoming and inclusive environment.
- Representational Diversity - The degree to which the campus attracts, retains, and develops a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff.
- IUPUI Community in issues related to race, class, or gender through innovative curriculum, research, programs, or events.