Print this page
Data Sharing and Handling Guidelines
|Social security number||CRES, Slashtmp||Onbase, Helpnet CDI service|
|Assignment grade||Canvas, Onbase, Helpnet CDI Service|
|Course grade||Canvas, Onbase, Helpnet CDI Service|
|Home address||Onbase, Helpnet CDI Service|
|Phone Number||Onbase, Helpnet CDI Service|
|Advising notes (classes, schedules)||AdRx, Onbase, Helpnet CDI Service|
|Advising notes (regarding personal health information student has shared through email or in conversation)||CRES, Slashtmp||AdRx, Onbase, Helpnet CDI Service|
|Credit card number||You may not store this information|
|Driver's license number||You may not store this information|
|IU Student/Staff information||Send through IU email to IU addresses||Non-email solution||Store on IU-encripted local hard drive |
|Store on IUBox |
|Store on other IU Systems|
- For more information, check IU Data Sharing and Handling tool: https://datamanagement.iu.edu/tools/data-storage-and-handling.php.
- For Data Protection and Privacy Tutorial, go to https://iu.instructure.com/courses/1556552.
- For information about transmitting confidential data, CRES, and Slashtmp, see https://kb.iu.edu/d/aktv.
- AdRx is available at https://one.iu.edu.
- Contact Bill Stuckey ( firstname.lastname@example.org) for access to Helpnet or Onbase.
- The transmission of data to and from H and G drives is not encrypted. *H and G drives should not be used to store confidential data .
- For more information about IU box, see https://kb.iu.edu/d/bfpj. **Do not sync IU Box folders containing confidential data.
- Use Identity Finder regularly to scan your local hard drives for confidential data.
- ***DropBox and iCloud cannot be used for IU information.