The Administrative Shared Services Team can assist IU School of Liberal Arts departments or programs with event planning and promotion. To request event and/or promotion support, please use the SLA Events Form.
Once your form is submitted, a team member will follow up with you to confirm the information you submitted, ask for additional details, and begin assisting with your event.
Please be prepared to provide as much detail as possible about your event. This will assist the team with event planning and promotion and help your event be a success!
Event planning tasks may include:
- Room reservations
- Catering orders
- Name tags
- Certificate preparation and printing
- Copies for participants
- Parking passes or arranging for group transportation (for off-site events)
- Set up and tear down assistance
- Coordinating with the Finance and Administration Team for honorariums, travel, etc.
- Coordinating with campus Event Services for larger events and/or events held outside Cavanaugh Hall
Promotion tasks may include:
- Branded digital and/or printed flyer
- Branded digital monitor graphic
- Branded social media graphic
- School of Liberal Arts Events Calendar entry (and shared with other campus calendars, if applicable)
- Outlook email message to a targeted list, if available
- Coordination with Marketing & Communications for promotional item orders (requires account number)
- Coordination with other campus departments/areas for promotion (requires discussion)
If you have questions, please contact Loretta Good, executive director of communications & strategic operations.