Communication Studies Undergraduate Essay and Research Writing Contest
This award recognizes excellence in undergraduate student research and/or a creative writing project for papers and projects written for an IUPUI graduate class in the Department of Communication Studies.
Papers and Projects submitted for this contest must have been written for an IUPUI class in the Department of Communication Studies in the past 12 months.
- Students do not have to be Communication Studies majors.
- Single or multiple student authored papers, including group projects, are acceptable.
- Submissions may be made by a student or an instructor.
- Students may submit up to two papers or projects.
Preparation and Submission
Please follow these guidelines when preparing your submission:
- Word document or PDF, typed and double-spaced.
- Include a reference/works cited list in any recognized format (if references are used).
- The author’s name must NOT appear in the paper or project.
- Provide a cover sheet with the following information on the cover sheet only:
- Student’s name, address, email, and telephone number.
- Course number and name, instructor’s name, and semester taken.
- Title of paper/project
- Submission for Outstanding Undergraduate Work in the Department of Communication Studies.
The judges will evaluate the submissions and select awards on the following criteria:
- Quality of scholarship/Mastery of course content
- Overall writing quality of the work
How to Submit
Visit the scholarship applications website to submit essays and to read about scholarship opportunities.