Writing & Literacy Project Award
This award is presented to an undergraduate student for an outstanding project composed in a professional and public writing course that focuses on a topic or issue in the field(s) of composition, writing studies, rhetoric, or literacy studies.
Qualified applicant projects may include any of the following:
- research into writing practices;
- critical reflections on writing processes;
- explorations of literacy;
- theory or theory-informed practice on the learning and teaching of writing;
- analytical discussion of, or research on, any concept from the field(s) of composition, rhetoric, writing studies, or literacy.
The written product can be in any genre, including multi-genre and multi-modal pieces. Students may submit up to two (2) separate pieces. It should be Courses qualifying for this award include the following: W210, W230, W231, W262, W270, W310, W313, W315, W318, W331, W366, W377, W390, W400, W411 (if done with a writing and literacy focus), W412 and W426.
NOTE: Work entered in this contest should not be entered in the Essay Award contest.