Robert Barrows History Graduate Student Paper Scholarship
The Robert Barrows History Graduate Student Paper Scholarship is given annually to a current graduate student who submits the best history paper in the current year.
Papers will be judged on the basis of their research analysis, originality, and writing.
- Papers must be written by a graduate student currently enrolled at IUPUI. Any paper written on an historical topic for a graduate-level IUPUI class in the current academic year is eligible. You do not need to be a history graduate student, nor does the paper need to have been written for a history course.
- Papers must be double-spaced AND in final form, e. a clean, typed copy that is free of all comments by previous readers. Preference is given to papers of at least 15 pages in length that incorporate research into both primary sources and historical scholarship. Although a thesis in its entirety is not eligible for the award, a student may submit a stand-alone chapter that was submitted to a class such as H720 or H750.
- A student may submit no more than two papers (or chapters) for the Graduate Student award in a given
- You may revise the paper from what you submitted to the
- Papers must conform to standard citation practices, g., Turabian's A Manual for Writers of Term Papers, The Chicago Manual of Style, or MLA format.
- Papers must not contain the student's Attach a separate cover sheet with the title of the paper and your name, address, e-mail, telephone number, and student ID number. Also indicate for which class the paper was originally written (course number, instructor, and semester) and indicate that you are submitting the paper for the Graduate Student Award.
How to Apply
Visit our scholarship application website to apply for this scholarship and others.