Max Kade Graduate Scholarship
This scholarship supports students admitted to or applying for admission to an IUPUI graduate program and have knowledge of German at an advanced level evidenced by coursework or a graduate thesis with research concentration in an area of German or German-American Studies. See http://maxkade.iupui.edu for additional information.
Two (2) Max Kade fellowships are available each academic year. Graduate students admitted to or applying for admission to an IUPUI graduate program who meet the stipulations below are invited to apply. For consideration of award the applicant must:
- Provide knowledge of German at an advanced level evidenced by coursework or equivalent. Admission to a graduate program in the School of Liberal Arts, e.g., American Studies, History, Philosophy, Philanthropy, Anthropology, Religious Studies. Admission to other schools will also be considered, where a focus on the Humanities and Social Sciences is possible, e.g., School of Library and Information Science, School of Education.
- Demonstrate academic interest in the field of German and/or German-American Studies as indicated by course work and/or thesis work completed.
- Have a graduate thesis with research concentration in an area of German or German-American Studies in an appropriate field, e.g., History. Required Course: V605 Topics in Germanic Studies: German Culture in the U.S. or equivalent.
Note: If selected as a scholarship recipient, the applicants must complete an insurance waiver by contacting the scholarship manager upon award acceptance.
An application must be submitted to the Max Kade German-American Program in order to be considered for the fellowship.
- A copy of all undergraduate and graduate academic transcripts. (IU transcripts from Onestart are acceptable);
- Two letters of recommendation from professors attesting academic potential and scholastic performance;
- Personal Statement, including research proposal. The statement should indicate factors that would be helpful to the committee in determining your eligibility for this award. For example, (1) a demonstrated academic interest in the field of German and/or German-American Studies as indicated by course work and/or thesis work completed (2) academic and professional aspirations (3) ways in which this Scholarship will supplement or expand your academic and professional careers.
Upon meeting all eligibility requirement and program acceptance, the applicant will receive an email requesting that an application is completed through the One.IU scholarship management system.