Friends of Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Scholarship
This scholarship recognizes students who demonstrate academic excellence in the Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Program.
To be eligible for this scholarship:
- Students must have taken a minimum of six (6) credit hours in Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies by the end of the spring semester of the current academic year.
- Have strong academic record and interest in Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies.
- Students who are minoring in WGGS must have completed the intention to minor in WGGS. Students who are majoring must have completed the Individualized Major Program application.
- Must demonstrate financial need by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) according to IU’s current Financial Aid guidelines.
- You need one (1) letter of recommendation concerning your academic performance and/or interest in Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies.
- Write a 1–2-page essay about women, or topics of concern to women to Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. (double-spaced, including a reference/works cited list in an acceptable format, if applicable).
Well-supported faculty nominations will also be considered.
Visit our scholarship application website to apply for this scholarship