IU Internship in Politics, Opportunity, Leadership, Social Entrepreneurship (IU POLS DC)
We have partnered with the Political Science Department at IU Bloomington to offer students the opportunity to spend the Spring semester in Washington DC where they will live, work, and attend classes just blocks from the U.S. Capitol building.
With this program students will work at an internship in DC gaining valuable experience and building their career network before finishing their degree. They will also take two 300-level Political Science courses taught in DC at the famous Willard Building across the street from the White House. Thus, students will earn 6 credit hours for the internship and 6 credit hours from the classes, earning a total of 12 credits toward their Political Science major while living in the nation’s capital.
This is a selective program and spots are extremely limited. Call outs for applications typically being in February for internships taking place the following Spring semester. Contact our internship director Erin Engels (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- IUPUI students must contact our internship director Erin Engels (email@example.com) before applying.
- IUPUI students must meet with the IU internship director in Bloomington when applying.
- If accepted into the program, IUPUI students must attend mandatory meetings in Bloomington during the Fall semester prior to leaving for DC in the Spring.
- Spring internship in Washington, D.C. that provides 12 credit hours (6 credit hours are internship credit)
- Eligibility: All sophomore-senior undergraduate students with a 3.0 GPA are eligible. Our department is willing to consider other applicants depending on circumstances.
- The cost: regular IU tuition minus the on-campus fees for the semester
- Take two 300-level Political Science classes taught in DC by IU faculty
- Live in a town home in a double occupancy room (cost: $4,500, billed through IU, food not included)
- Have a great time, learn new skills, and return with the proficiency and contacts you need to find a fabulous job