The Department’s designated faculty advisors are prepared to assist you in navigating our various programs and planning your studies in Political Science. Contact a faculty advisor for your questions or to schedule an appointment.
- Undergraduate major and minor: Scott Wallace, Undergraduate Faculty Mentor, Cavanaugh Hall 503J, 317-278 5733.
- Paralegal studies certificate or Law in Liberal Arts majors: Shana Stump, Paralegal Studies Advisor Shana Stump
Cavanaugh Hall 504B, 317-278 7558
- Legal studies minor and internships: Tijen Demirel-Pegg, Internship Director, Cavanaugh Hall 503D, 317-274-3155.
- General School of Liberal Arts: If you have questions about general (non-major) requirements, please contact the Office of Student Affairs (Cavanaugh Hall 441; 317-274-1103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org)
We encourage you to keep in touch with your academic advisor throughout the year. Working closely with your academic advisor helps you navigate your college experience, learn about high impact and exciting learning opportunities, and stay on track to complete your degree.
The Political Science academic advisor can help you plan an individualized course of study. Visit the academic advisor to:
- Identify your academic and career goals
- Create an academic plan tailored to your goals
- Select and enroll in appropriate classes
- Manage your course load
- Combine your degree with other majors or minors
- Meet your degree requirements
- Tap into IUPUI resources and support
- Understand academic policies and procedures
- Learn to use available academic tools
- Integrate high impact learning opportunities such as internships, study abroad, student organizations, and undergraduate research
- Apply for scholarships
- Explore career options
- Prepare for graduation
Tools for success
Check the degree map to learn how to complete your degree on time.
Check your progress in an Academic Advisement Report to determine what courses you still need to graduate.
Schedule an advising appointment
Schedule your in-person or online appointment using the Student Appointment Scheduler or by calling 317-274-3976. Online appointments are available via Zoom and your advisor will provide you with the Zoom link via email prior to your appointment.
Drop-in advising is available in Cavanaugh Hall room 401.
- Every Monday and Tuesday from 1-4 p.m.
- Every Wednesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
For questions, email at email@example.com or call 317-274-3976.