The Department’s designated faculty advisors are prepared to assist you in navigating our various programs and planning your studies in Political Science. Contact a faculty advisor for your questions or to schedule an appointment.
- Undergraduate major and minor: Scott Wallace, Director of Undergraduate Studies Cavanaugh Hall 504G, 317-278 5733.
- Paralegal studies certificate or Law in Liberal Arts majors: Shana Stump, Paralegal Studies Advisor Shana Stump
Cavanaugh Hall 504B, 317-278 7558
- Legal studies minor and internships: Erin Engels, Internship Director
Cavanaugh Hall 503E, 317-278-0442
- General School of Liberal Arts: If you have questions about general (non-major) requirements, please contact the Office of Student Affairs (Cavanaugh Hall 441; 317-274-1103 or email email@example.com)
We encourage you to keep in touch with your academic advisor throughout the year. Working closely with your academic advisor helps you navigate your college experience, learn about high impact and exciting learning opportunities, and stay on track to complete your degree.
The Political Science academic advisor can help you plan an individualized course of study. Visit the academic advisor to:
- Identify your academic and career goals
- Create an academic plan tailored to your goals
- Select and enroll in appropriate classes
- Manage your course load
- Combine your degree with other majors or minors
- Meet your degree requirements
- Tap into IUPUI resources and support
- Understand academic policies and procedures
- Learn to use available academic tools
- Integrate high impact learning opportunities such as internships, study abroad, student organizations, and undergraduate research
- Apply for scholarships
- Explore career options
- Prepare for graduation
Schedule an advising appointment
Meet with Chris Schumerth, your academic advisor, at least once each semester to review your academic plan and identify appropriate course options for the next semester.