Posted on December 6th, 2018 by Katie Sams
It’s that time of year once again, where all the projects and tests come together for one long tiring week.
Here are a few tips to keep yourself sane during Finals Week!
- You have time!
- We still have a few more days before finals begin, use this time to plan out your last study sessions, revisions, and naps. (You need sleep in order for your brain to function properly.) Which goes into our next point!
- Schedule studying sessions with yourself
- If you feel like you don’t know the topic very well, make sure to plan out your study sessions.
- You can set a timer for the sessions to make sure you don’t spend too much time on one topic and give your brain a break.
- Space out your work. Only work on what’s a priority at the time, and then once you get that done you can move on to the next one.
- Example: Let’s say you have something due Dec. 9th at 9:00am and something else due Dec. 12th at 11:59pm. Since the Dec. 9th comes before the 12th, make sure to get the one on the 9th done before the other.
- Remember to take time for yourself
- Remind yourself to take breaks, your brain won’t be able to recharge if you don’t give it a break every once in awhile.
- Take a shower, it’s an opportunity for you to get refreshed and have a clear mind for the next study session
- Plus, stress = sweat.
- Confidence is key
- Have you ever been so stressed you forget everything you studied for when the test is put in front of you? Telling yourself that you know the material and having confidence in yourself will help your brain remember.
- The more confident you are, the less you freak out!
- If you’re stressed with your paper, come to the Writing Center!
- Just make sure to make an appointment in advance!
- Remember you can make 3 appointments a week and 1 appointment a day.
From all of us at the UWC, good luck!