The Department’s designated faculty mentors are available to assist you in navigating our various programs and exploring internships and career paths in Journalism and Public Relations. Check your Student Center to view your faculty mentor.
- Pamela Laucella, Associate Professor, Cavanaugh Hall (CA) 341E, email@example.com, 317-278-5334
- General School of Liberal Arts questions: If you have questions about general (non-major) requirements, please contact the Office of Student Affairs (Cavanaugh Hall 441; 317-274-1103 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Keep in touch with your advisor! They are here to help you with whatever academic issues that you may have. Here are some ways that your advisor can assist you:
- Identify your academic and career goals
- Create an academic plan tailored to your goals
- Select and enroll in appropriate classes
- Manage your course load
- Combine your degree with other majors or minors
- Meet your degree requirements
- Tap into IUPUI resources and support
- Understand academic policies and procedures
- Learn to use available academic tools
- Integrate high impact learning opportunities such as internships, study abroad, student organizations, and undergraduate research
- Apply for scholarships
- Explore career options
- Prepare for graduation
Schedule an advising appointment
We are here for you! Your academic advisor is available in-person or online via Zoom. Be sure to meet with your advisor at least once each semester to review your academic plan and identify appropriate courses for the next semester. Check your Student Center for your assigned advisor.
Tools for success
Check the degree map to learn how to complete your degree on time.
Check your progress in an Academic Advisement Report to determine what courses you still need to graduate.