Welcome to the Writing Center!
The University Writing Center (UWC) is a service available to all IUPUI students, both graduate and undergraduate. Students can work one-on-one with experienced readers and writers to improve their writing process and receive constructive feedback on their assignments.
Students can schedule a 45-minute session online at http://uwconline.iupui.edu, by stopping by one of our locations or by calling us at 317-274-2049. When scheduling online, please note that graduate students must work only with faculty consultants.
- The University Library location is open this summer. (The Cavanaugh location is closed until Fall Semester.) We will be closed on May 25 for the Memorial Day holiday.
- Congratulations to Nicholas Dippel and Denise Beck, the 2015 Outstanding Peer Tutor and Outstanding Faculty Tutor, respectively.
- Congratulations to our 6 graduating seniors: Erin Gilpatrick, Nicholas Dippel, Kelsey Moore, Lindsey Stevens, Jennifer Nissley, and Devon Ritter.
- Students may have one appointment per day, 3 appointments per week. This applies across locations. A student cannot have a session in the library in the morning and another session in Cavanaugh in the afternoon. We reserve the right to cancel any scheduled sessions that exceed these limits.
- Institutional agreements prohibit us from working with students on assignments for classes at other universities. Even if you are a registered IUPUI student, you will need to use Ivy Tech resources if you are working on writing for an Ivy Tech class.
To better serve the IUPUI community, the UWC offers two convenient locations: Cavanaugh 008H and University Library 2125. Both centers are staffed with the same experienced faculty and student consultants. University Writing Center hours vary from semester to semester. Online sessions are available by appointment. See the Zonline page for more information
The UWC is provided through the IUPUI School of Liberal Arts, the English Department, and the Writing Program with support provided by University College and University Library. For more information about our services, please see our promotional video, call 317-274-2049, visit us on facebook or check out our blog: http://uwcblog.iupui.edu/.
Our Mission Statement
The mission of the University Writing Center is to collaborate with both experienced and inexperienced writers, to serve as practice audiences, and to help students develop strategies for improving their writing process. Our consultants will help our fellow writers build confidence as they work to achieve their educational goals in a positive, intellectually-stimulating environment.