Welcome to the Writing Center!
The University Writing Center (UWC) is a service available to all IUPUI students, both graduate and undergraduate. Students can work one-on-one with experienced readers and writers to improve their writing process and receive constructive feedback on their assignments.
Students can schedule a 45-minute session online at http://uwconline.iupui.edu/, by stopping by one of our locations or by calling us at 317-274-2049. When scheduling online, please note that graduate students must work only with faculty consultants.
- The University Writing Center is open for the Fall semester. We will be closed November 26-30 for the campus Thanksgiving Break. The last regular schedule day of the Fall Semester is December 15th.
- Students may have one appointment per day, 3 appointments per week. This applies across locations. A student cannot have a session in the library in the morning and another session in Cavanaugh in the afternoon. We reserve the right to cancel any scheduled sessions that exceed these limits.
- Institutional agreements prohibit us from working with students on assignments for classes at other universities. Even if you are a registered IUPUI student, you will need to use Ivy Tech resources if you are working on writing for an Ivy Tech class.
- The University Writing Center is currently looking for a permanent, tenure-track Director. For more information, click here.
To better serve the IUPUI community, the UWC offers two convenient locations: Cavanaugh 008H and University Library 2125. Both centers are staffed with the same experienced faculty and student consultants. University Writing Center hours vary from semester to semester. Online sessions are available by appointment. See the Zonline page for more information
The service is provided through the IUPUI School of Liberal Arts, the English Department, and the Writing Program with support provided by University College and University Library. For more information about our service, please see our promotional video, call 317-274-2049, visit us on facebook or check out our blog: http://uwcblog.iupui.edu/.
Our Mission Statement
The mission of the University Writing Center is to collaborate with both experienced and inexperienced writers, to serve as practice audiences, and to help students develop strategies for improving their writing process. Our consultants will help our fellow writers build confidence as they work to achieve their educational goals in a positive, intellectually-stimulating environment.
- From “Keystone Mabel” to “Goldwyn Girl”: Mabel Normand-Professor Kristine Karnick
December 02 || Read More »
- Life, Death, and All That Jazz: Bob Fosse and the Hollywood …
December 05 || Read More »
- A Shot Away: Stones, Angels, and Murder at Altamont-Professor Mitchell Douglas
December 09 || Read More »
- Mrs. Skinner's Hernia, or How Local Governments aided Hoosier Soldiers' Families …
February 03 || Read More »
- 2015 Taylor Symposium
February 17 || Read More »
- Crafting the Past: Heritage and California Mission Models
February 27 || Read More »