Welcome to the Writing Center!
The University Writing Center (UWC) is a service available to all IUPUI students, both graduate and undergraduate. Students can work one-on-one with experienced readers and writers to improve their writing process and receive constructive feedback on their assignments.
Students can schedule a 45-minute session online at http://uwconline.iupui.edu, by stopping by one of our locations or by calling us at 317-274-2049. When scheduling online, please note that graduate students must work only with faculty consultants.
- The University Library location is open this summer. (The Cavanaugh location is closed until Fall Semester.) We will be open Summer I from May 13 - June 24. We will be open Summer II from June 29 - August 10. The UWC will then close until the start of the Fall Semester, August 24. For operating hours, see the Locations page.
- Students may have one appointment per day, 3 appointments per week. This applies across locations. A student cannot have a session in the library in the morning and another session in Cavanaugh in the afternoon. We reserve the right to cancel any scheduled sessions that exceed these limits.
- Institutional agreements prohibit us from working with students on assignments for classes at other universities. Even if you are a registered IUPUI student, you will need to use Ivy Tech resources if you are working on writing for an Ivy Tech class.
To better serve the IUPUI community, the UWC offers two convenient locations: Cavanaugh 008H and University Library 2125. Both centers are staffed with the same experienced faculty and student consultants. University Writing Center hours vary from semester to semester. Online sessions are available by appointment. See the Zonline page for more information
The UWC is provided through the IUPUI School of Liberal Arts, the English Department, and the Writing Program with support provided by University College and University Library. For more information about our services, please see our promotional video, call 317-274-2049, visit us on facebook or check out our blog: http://uwcblog.iupui.edu/.
Our Mission Statement
The mission of the University Writing Center is to collaborate with both experienced and inexperienced writers, to serve as practice audiences, and to help students develop strategies for improving their writing process. Our consultants will help our fellow writers build confidence as they work to achieve their educational goals in a positive, intellectually-stimulating environment.
- IUPUI Regatta: A Canoe Race on the Downtown Canal
September 19 || Read More »
- Revealing Textbook Writers' Perspectives
October 09 || Read More »
- The Invention of Madeleine Hachard and other Discoveries about the 1727 …
October 27 || Read More »
- Religious Freedom and the Politics of Public Accommodations
November 13 || Read More »
- War and Human Capital: Growing Up During the Nigerian Civil War
February 02 || Read More »
- A Dramatic Difference! Enhancing the Teaching and Learning of Drama with …
February 12 || Read More »