Welcome to the Department of Communication Studies
This is the place to explore your ideas, find your voice, develop your research skills, and make your future bright. We encourage you to dive into all that we offer!
The Department of Communication Studies is one of the largest departments within the School of Liberal Arts. In the Department, you will find rigorous collaborative learning environments, internationally recognized teaching and research faculty, and engaged students. Courses and degree programs range from the study of health, media, political, organizational, and intercultural communication, to the pursuit of democratic citizenship and civic engagement. Choosing Communication Studies as your major will open doors to a rich and exciting area of study that will help you develop intellectually and professionally. The more engaged you are in the Department, the better your educational experience at IUPUI will be.
Our department offers the following areas of concentration:
- Undergraduate Major in Communication Studies
- Undergraduate Minors in Communication Arts, Media Studies, Organizational Communication, Rhetorical Studies, and General Theatre
- Undergraduate ONLINE Certificate: Human Communication in a Mediated World
- Undergraduate Certificate in Theatre and Performance
- Masters in Applied Communication with concentration areas in; Health Communication, Corporate/Organizational Communication, Media Studies or Public Communication.
- Ph.D. in Health Communication.
Interested in hearing what some of our faculty have to say?
TEDxIUPUI, Raising the Next Generation, was held March 2013 and featured Communication Studies faculty. Here is a sample of those who presented at the event:
View Dr. John Parrish-Sprowl in Communication Complex. View Dr. Kristy Sheeler in Reframing Normal.
|See What's New in Communication Studies|
|Read Our Latest Department eNewsletter|
|Find us on Facebook|