Welcome to the Department of Communication Studies
The Department of Communication Studies is one of the largest departments within the School of Liberal Arts. In the Department, you will find rigorous collaborative learning environments, internationally recognized teaching and research faculty, and engaged students. Courses and degree programs range from the study of health, media, political, organizational, and intercultural communication, to the pursuit of democratic citizenship and civic engagement. Choosing Communication Studies as your major will open doors to a rich and exciting area of study that will help you develop intellectually and professionally. The more engaged you are in the Department, the better your educational experience at IUPUI will be.
Our department offers the following areas of concentration:
- Undergraduate Major in Communication Studies
- Undergraduate Minors in Communication Arts, Media Studies, Organizational Communication, Rhetorical Studies, and General Theatre
- Undergraduate ONLINE Certificate: Human Communication in a Mediated World
- Undergraduate Certificate in Theatre and Performance
- Masters in Applied Communication with concentration areas in; Health Communication, Corporate/Organizational Communication, Media Studies or Public Communication. Our program is nationally recognized as an Outstanding Master’s Degree Program and was awarded the title of "TOP MA Program" by the National Communication Association, Master’s Education Section in October 2012