With midterms on the rise and finals practically around the corner, don’t worry, we are here to help!
Since slots have been filling up rather quickly, here are some things to remember when you want to schedule a session.
- Schedule appointments ahead of time
Since the midterm paper struggle is upon us, scheduling an appointment a week or a couple of days early will help increase the chance booking the time you want. Plus, if you schedule your appointment early, you’ll have less stress get it done.
- You don’t need a finished paper to come to the Writing Center
No matter where you’re at in the writing process we can help. If you’re having a hard time trying to even start your paper we will brainstorm with you, if you have trouble with citation, reading over your paper with you, etc. we can help.
- Our sessions are 45 minutes long.
- All sessions start on the hour.
- Even if you are 1-9 minutes late the session will still end on the 45 minute mark.
- If you are 10 minutes late your appointment will be counted as Missed.
- You only get 3 Missed appointments, any more than 3 you are only limited to walk-ins.
- You are allowed 1 appointment a day and 3 appointments during the week.
We know you love us and want to stay forever, but if you want more time you can schedule an appointment for the next day, even then you’ll have one more to make during the same week! Yay!
- Call ahead of time if you are going to be late/cancel an appointment
If you know that you are going to be late, please give us a call so that we know you’re on your way. If you know you cannot make it to the appointment, again, please call us or cancel it within the scheduling system. If you click on your orange box and scroll all the way to the bottom there’s a button in red that says, “Cancel Appointment”.
- Make sure you remember which location you picked
We have a drop down at the top of our scheduling system where you can choose the Library or Cavanaugh Location. If you do accidentally go to the wrong location we will call our other location to tell them you’re on your way.
Keep these things in mind and you’ll be good to go!
Here’s the link below to our website! Just click on the red “Schedule a Session” button in the top left hand corner!