This committee focuses on assessing UWC programming and supporting consultant research.
- Conduct assessments that provide the UWC with data about if we are providing consistent programming that embraces current UWC theory and practice. Current assessments include: consultant self-assessment, a writer survey, session observations, and annual administration focus groups.
- Revise assessment approaches and instruments regularly
- Promote research in and alongside the UWC
- Act as an institutional memory of the UWC’s practices through archive preservation
- Support consultants presenting about writing center work at conferences (ECWCA, IWCA, IWAC, CCCC)
- Encourage publication about writing center work (WLN, Praxis, WCJ, The Peer Review, Dangling Modifier)