Posted on December 16th, 2022 by jw41
All majors can take Traditional Chinese Medicine Culture course
EALC-E 397 Traditional Chinese Medicine Culture
Spring 2023 Online. All majors and class standings welcome.
Questions: contact Professor Jing Wang
Uniqueness of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
- TCM treats the body not diseases (Note: Treating the body is a simple way because there are countless diseases.)
- TCM doctors use methods such as observation, asking questions, and feeling the pulse to diagnose problems in the body. (Note: No complicated equipment is used. Therefore, no waste is produced in the process.)
- TCM uses methods such as scraping, massaging, acupuncture, moxibustion, herbal medicine. (Note: Low risk and sustainable)
- TCM views the Internal organs holistically. The internal organs are compared as different positions in a government: Heart as a monarchy; Lungs as a prime minister; Liver as a general; Spleen and stomach as a minister for granary.
- Take care of the body according to age, season, and local weather conditions.