Liberal Arts appoints 2017-18 student ambassadors
#JagsROAR: Members of the Liberal Arts Student Ambassadors are not only representatives of the School of Liberal Arts but are also proud members of the campus community, showcasing the value of urban campus learning as well as the traditional college experiences the university offers.
Nineteen Liberal Arts majors are serving as student ambassadors during the 2017-18 school year. The students will represent the School of Liberal Arts at IUPUI at special events and functions and participate in student recruitment efforts as well as alumni and donor relations activities.
The 2017-2018 student ambassadors are:
- Sarah Bahr (Senior, English, Journalism, Spanish; English, Women’s Studies minors)
- Tashi Copeland (Senior, Journalism and Public Relations; Sociology minor)
- Jaelynn Crook (Sophomore, Medical Humanities and Health Studies)
- Benjamim Eduardo (Senior, Economics; Business minor)
- JJ Gramlich (Senior, English)
- Andrew Heck (Senior, Journalism and Public Relations)
- Mackenzie Hirons (Freshman, History and Library Science)
- Alyssa Hutchinson (Junior, English, Journalism and Public Relations; Communication Studies minor)
- Macy Jankowski (Senior, Communication Studies)
- Jaycie Kemp (Freshman, Journalism and Public Relations)
- Marina Konow (Senior, Journalism and Public Relations; History and Sociology minors)
- Tarena Lofton (Senior, Journalism and Public Relations; Political Science minor)
- Maria Makeever (Junior, Journalism and Public Relations; French and Design Production minors)
- Matthew Preston (Graduate, Philosophy and Bioethics Graduate Certificate Program)
- Eden Rea-Hedrick (Sophomore, English; French and History minors)
- Molly Smith (Junior, Journalism and Public Relations)
- Trenna Soderling (Sophomore, English and ASL/English Interpretation)
- Mariam Sylla (Junior, French and Public Health)
- Hunter Vale (Junior, Political Science)
The student ambassadors will also play a role on the Liberal Arts’ social media accounts. Each student will have the opportunity to take over the school’s Twitter and Instagram account and will also provide material for Facebook.
"We are so proud to have these students as ambassadors for the School of Liberal Arts at IUPUI," says Thomas J. Davis, dean of the school. "They represent the best of our liberal arts student body, and their level of engagement on behalf of liberal arts and the school is truly noteworthy."
Emily Wirick, a sophomore Tourism, Conventions and Event Management (TCEM) student and an intern in the Office of Development and External Affairs, is this year’s program coordinator.
Appointment to the program, now in its 12th year, requires faculty/staff nomination and ratification by the dean.
To learn more about the program visit the student ambassador’s website.
News Categories: Front Page