Research and Award Administration Support Services
Pre-Award Services (Research Development and Proposal Preparation)
The SLA Office of Research provides support for faculty in all pre-award stages of the funded research process. Whether you want assistance laying out your research pathway, searching for funding opportunities for your project, preparing a proposal, learning about compliance requirements for human subject research, or are curious what other SLA projects have been funded, we partner with you to help you achieve success.
- Funding opportunity searches
- Proposal guideline review and summary
- Budget preparation
- Proposal production timeline
- Application formatting
- Proposal assembly for submission to agency
- Critique of your research narrative
- Document preparation, especially Facilities/Resources and Budget Justification
- Kuali Coeus (KC) proposal development document preparation
- Human Subject research guidance, including training and certification
Contact Associate Dean for Research Jeffrey Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org, 317-274-1128) and Grants Analyst Edith Millikan (email@example.com, 317-278-6970).
Post-Award Services (Award Administration)
Eric Hamilton, Grant Fiscal Specialist in the SLA Office of Finance and Administration, is your primary resource to help you manage your internally or externally awarded project efficiently and effectively, in compliance with agency and University policies and procedures.
Post-award services include:
- Provide counsel to researchers on budget management, travel, hiring research staff, purchasing, participant incentives, etc.
- Perform grant transaction processing on all funded projects, including part-time employee hiring, salary allocations, summer salary, and purchases.
- Ensure that researchers adhere to the awarded budget and spend in compliance with university policies, federal regulations, and agency guidelines.
- Perform monthly grant account review and reconciliation.
- Effort Report Certification assistance.
- Investigate and answer questions from external agencies, SLA researchers, ORA and others regarding spending on funded projects.
- Prepare grant accounts for ORA closeout.
- Update researchers on changes in University, federal and/or agency policies pertaining to their awards.
- Direct researchers and other grant personnel to the Institutional Review Board and other research compliance regulatory bodies and resources.
Contact Eric Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org, 317-274-8207.