Philosophy students go further in their studies and careers
Did you know that recent studies independently show that studying philosophy increases both literacy and numeracy? According to the Higher Education Statistics Agency, the demand for philosophy graduates continues to grow.
You have the opportunity to take part in a balanced undergraduate curriculum that covers logic, ethics, aesthetics, metaphysics, epistemology (theory of knowledge), philosophy of science, philosophy of mind, philosophy of language, philosophy of religion, history of philosophy, Asian philosophy, American Indian philosophy, classical American philosophy, and 19th and 20th-century continental European philosophy.
Start your academic career now – learn how today!
Students completing the Philosophy B.A. program will achieve valuable critical-thinking skills:
- Know the important figures and movements in the history of philosophy.
- Understand the major questions, positions, distinctions, and arguments in the main branches of philosophy.
- Write clear, cogent, and informed philosophical papers.
- Speak clearly, accurately, and in an academic manner on philosophical topics.
- Comprehend, interpret, and analyze complex philosophical writings.
- Make relevant distinctions.
- Clarify important concepts and claims.
- Competently analyze, evaluate, and construct both deductive and inductive arguments.
For more information
If you are considering majoring or minoring in Philosophy, either as a new student or as a transfer student, please contact Professor Samuel Kahn.
Additional articles on what philosophy can do for you:
“Why Study Philosophy?” A site with a number of additional links.
“The Earning Power of Philosophy Majors”
“Philosophy Dominates: Best Majors for GRE Scores”
“Why Future Business Leaders Need Philosophy”
“How Philosophy can make you a better Manager”
“9 Famous Execs that Majored in Philosophy”
“Tech’s Hottest Ticket: that ‘Useless’ Liberal Arts Degree”
“Surprise: Humanities Degrees Provide Great Return On Investment”
“11 Reasons to Major in the Humanities”
“Philosophy in Business”
“A Philosophy Degree earns more than an Accounting Degree”
“Billionaire LinkedIn Founder says his masters in philosophy has helped him more than an MBA”
“Who studies Philosophy?“