Morgan Campbell, B.A.J. ’18, a social media specialist for IU, will present “Let’s Talk About TikTok: Info for Journalists and PR Pros” as part of IUPUI’s Fall Career Week. This year’s Fall Career Week — Sept. 20 to Sept. 24 — will feature over 70 events on various topics, such as career paths, job searching, and internships.
“Let’s Talk About TikTok” will take place from noon to 1:15 p.m., Sept. 23, 2021, in CA 201. This hands-on, interactive session will teach students how to use TikTok to build their brand as a journalist or PR professional — and how to use TikTok for their internship or job.
Each September, the Department of Journalism and Public Relations takes part in Fall Career Week. Students learn about media, journalism, and public relations careers from the pros themselves. Past panels include:
- Unique and traditional internship options in Indianapolis
- How to land a job in journalism or public relations
- Career path possibilities and advice from recent grads, faculty, and staff
- “Ask a Reporter” with award-winning reporter Kevin Rader
- Career chat with IndyStar photojournalist Mykal McEldowney
Check out the Fall Career Week website for a full list of events.