Are you an aspiring public relations professional? You can enjoy many benefits when you become a member of the IUPUI chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA).
PRSSA was chartered in April 2006 with 20 members to cultivate a mutually-advantageous relationship between students and professional public relations practitioners. Since then, members have conducted professional development programs and have sent student members to PRSSA national conferences.
The student society aims to foster the following:
- Understanding of current theories and procedures of the profession
- Appreciation of the highest ethical ideals and principles
- Awareness of an appropriate professional attitude
- Appreciation of associate membership in the professional group, Public Relations Society of America, and eventually accredited membership
- You’re invited! PRSSA is staying active with online and in-person events during COVID-19. E-mail student president Vanessa Smith for details. Learn more about Smith’s vision for PRSSA on the Media Matters Blog.
- Follow PRSSA on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Ready to join? Contact Rodger Johnson, public relations visiting lecturer and PRSSA faculty adviser.