PRSSA president Vanessa Smith at a PRSSA conference
Are you an aspiring public relations professional? You can enjoy many benefits when you become a member of the IUPUI chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA).
PRSSA was chartered in April 2006 with 20 members to cultivate a mutually-advantageous relationship between students and professional public relations practitioners. Since then, members have conducted professional development programs and have sent student members to PRSSA national conferences.
The student society aims to foster the following:
- Understanding of current theories and procedures of the profession
- Appreciation of the highest ethical ideals and principles
- Awareness of an appropriate professional attitude
- Appreciation of associate membership in the professional group, Public Relations Society of America, and eventually accredited membership
- You’re invited! PRSSA is staying active with online and in-person events during COVID-19. E-mail student president Vanessa Smith for details. Learn more about Smith’s vision for PRSSA on the Media Matters Blog.
- Follow PRSSA on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Professor Rodger Johnson, PRSSA advisor
- Ready to join? Contact Rodger Johnson, public relations visiting lecturer and PRSSA faculty advisor.
Apply for a scholarship:
- Already involved with PRSSA? Check out the Betsy Plank/PRSSA Scholarship: The first honor is worth $5,000; the second honor is worth $1,500; and the third honor is worth $1,000. To apply, you must be a member of PRSSA in your junior or senior year preparing for a career in public relations.
- Axia Public Relations offers a $2,000 annual scholarship for dedicated and passionate PR students. Applications open Feb. 1; apply by May 31.