Are you an aspiring public relations professional?
You can enjoy many benefits when you become a member of the IUPUI chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA).
PRSSA was chartered in April 2006 with 20 members to cultivate a mutually-advantageous relationship between students and professional public relations practitioners. Since then, members have conducted professional development programs and have sent student members to PRSSA national conferences.
The student society aims to foster the following:
- Understanding of current theories and procedures of the profession
- Appreciation of the highest ethical ideals and principles
- Awareness of an appropriate professional attitude
- Appreciation of associate membership in the professional group, Public Relations Society of America, and eventually accredited membership
- You’re invited! PRSSA regularly hosts events and meetings.
- Follow PRSSA on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
- Contact Trevor Potts, acting faculty advisor for IUPUI PRSSA, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact Marlee Hathaway, IUPUI PRSSA President, at email@example.com.
- Join now.
Apply for a scholarship:
- Already involved with PRSSA? Check out the Betsy Plank/PRSSA Scholarship: The first honor is worth $5,000; the second honor is worth $1,500; and the third honor is worth $1,000. To apply, you must be a member of PRSSA in your junior or senior year preparing for a career in public relations.
- Axia Public Relations offers a $2,000 annual scholarship for dedicated and passionate PR students. Applications open Feb. 1; apply by May 31.