It’s summertime in Liberal Arts! And that means orientation season is in full swing. We’re welcoming 300 students to Liberal Arts through new student orientation this summer. And one thing a new student needs to know – where to find jobs.
IUPUI uses Handshake as our career services platform for students and alumni. It’s used by over 200,000 employers. Internship and job opportunities are posted on Handshake by employers specifically looking to hire students. All IUPUI students have a Handshake account that is automatically created for them 24 hours after they enroll in classes. All you must do is log in to Handshake to activate your account.
Here are some of the things you can do with Handshake:
- Apply for on-campus & work-study jobs
- Apply for full-time, part-time jobs & internships
- Register for career fairs, career workshops, & employer info sessions
- Research thousands of employers
- Network with recruiters and other students for career insights
Are you ready to start looking for jobs? Here are a few tips to get started.
- Completing your profile to provide Handshake with a better idea of which job and internship listings you may be interested in
- Use the filters to narrow your search
- For on-campus jobs and internships, use “part-time” and “on-campus” filters to narrow your search
- Before you apply, review the location and the qualifications
- Not sure what the different apply options mean?
- Apply: this means at least one document is required for you to submit your application
- Quick apply: this means that no documents are required and the information on your profile meets all of the employer preferences for the job
- Apply Externally: this means that the employer wants you to apply using an application that is outside of the Handshake platform. A new browser will automatically open to the employer’s application page.
Want more information about setting up Handshake? Check out this video or reach out to Liberal Arts Career Development at email@example.com.