This award of $100 is presented to an IUPUI undergraduate student for an outstanding project composed in a writing and literacy course that focuses on a topic or issue in the field(s) of composition/writing studies/rhetoric/literacy studies. Such projects may include any of the following:
- research into writing practices;
- critical reflections on writing processes;
- explorations of literacy;
- theory or theory-informed practice on the learning and teaching of writing;
- analytical discussion of or research on any concept from the field(s) of composition/rhetoric/writing studies/literacy studies.
The written product can be in any genre, including multi-genre and muti-modal pieces. Courses qualifying for this award include the following: Eng. W210, W230, W231, W262, W270, W310, W313, W315, W318, W320, W331, W366, W377, W390, W400, W411 (if done with a Writing and Literacy focus), W412, W426, and W496.
Students may submit up to two separate pieces.
Note: Work entered in this contest should not also be entered in the Essay Award contest.