Margaret A. Cook Foreign Study Scholarship
To promote and encourage the study of a modern foreign language in the IU School of Liberal Arts, scholarships are awarded to student(s) majoring in Liberal Arts at IUPUI and studying abroad. The award honors Professor Margaret A. Cook who helped establish the world languages program at IUPUI.
Students must be Liberal Arts majors participating in approved Indiana University study abroad programs majoring in French or another modern foreign language. Other criteria include: cumulative GPA, language ability, plans for continued study of modern foreign language. Modern foreign language majors are given priority; minors are eligible depending on availability.
You will need to provide:
- faculty letter of recommendation
- study abroad program information flyer including description of program and costs
- Essay: Write an essay about your study abroad plans, your interest in language study, future educational and career plans, and the importance of the study abroad program to your Liberal Arts education. (maximum 500 words)
- Scholarship Amount: up to $1000 per recipient (3 selected)
- Application Deadline: February 1
- Department: Liberal Arts
- Keywords: study abroad undergraduate foreign language
For more information, contact:
- Scholarship Manager
- Phone: 317-274-2465
Apply for this Scholarship
Visit our scholarship application website to apply for this and other scholarships*.
*Applicants must meet scholarship eligibility requirements
» Return to the search page