Gail M. & William M. Plater International Scholarship for Community Engagement
This scholarship is to support undergraduate or post-baccalaureate scholarships students to learn through their engagement with the community regardless of the physical location of the activity. Recipients will devote a reasonable amount of time to a project, as determined by and under the supervision of a faculty member, consistent with the student’s learning objectives and the goals of a specific project that demonstrates learning through community engagement. This scholarship was founded to honor the contributions of Gail and William Plater to the IUPUI campus.
Eligibility requirements include:
- Students must be enrolled in any IUPUI degree program.
- International students studying at IUPUI, IUPUI students studying abroad, and IUPUI students studying locally or nationally (as long as community engagement is an intentional aspect of their studies) are eligible.
Recipients may use the scholarship to assist with any study abroad experience that can be demonstrated to fulfill a commitment to community engagement in partnership with the nominating faculty.
Application must include:
- Online application
- One page description of the project on which the student and faculty will collaborate
- Nominating faculty must submit a letter of recommendation
- Scholarship Amount: $1,000 - $3,000
- Application Deadline: February 1
- Department: Liberal Arts
- Keywords: Travel civic engagement project international study abroad graduate
For more information, contact:
- Evelyn Safder, Scholarship Manager
- Phone: 317-274-2868
Apply for this Scholarship
Visit our scholarship application website to apply for this and other scholarships*.
*Applicants must meet scholarship eligibility requirements
» Return to the search page