Loretta Lunsford Scholarship
This scholarship is to assist outstanding undergraduate or graduate students majoring in the School of Liberal Arts at IUPUI. Recipients must have an interest in educating others.
- Must be a Liberal Arts major
- Must be full-time during the scholarship period
- Must have completed at least 30 credit hours at time of application (undergraduate students only)
- Student must be interested in a career related to education
- Maintain a GPA of 3.4 or better throughout the scholarship period
- Be willing to volunteer at least 5 hours a week at any educational institution
Find a faculty sponsor
Sponsoring faculty must be full-time faculty members within the IU School of Liberal Arts.
Examples of projects include:
- tutoring or mentoring of introductory level courses in a Liberal Arts discipline;
- work with community organizations on education programs
- projects to assist faculty in course development or revision, development of bibliographies or audio-visual resources.
The student and faculty member must identify the project which the student will dedicate five hours per week for the scholarship period, either during the academic year or for both summer sessions and either a fall or spring semester. Midway through the scholarship period, the student and faculty will submit a brief project update. At the conclusion of the scholarship period the student will provide a two-page report describing the work completed and the skills learned and/or applied. The faculty will also submit an assessment of the project results and impact.
To apply you must submit:
- The Liberal Arts On-line Application
- Project description (1-2 paragraphs)
- Student statement: Why are you interested in this project and why do you believe you should receive this scholarship? Explain your career plans and any other aspects of personal interest in higher education which you deem significant. (Approx. 500 words. No more than 2 pages.)
- List other scholarships or awards that you have received and for which you are being considered. List the name of the scholarship or award, the total amount awarded and the semester(s) to which it applies.
The faculty letter of recommendation must include: Why this student is being nominated to work on this project. (What experience and abilities does the student bring to the project?) Include other information that may be helpful to the selection committee in determining qualifications of the nominee.)
- Scholarship Amount: $5,000 per recipient
- Application Deadline: February 1
- Department: Liberal Arts
- Keywords: Education project graduate undergraduate
For more information, contact:
- Scholarship Manager
- Phone: 317-274-2465
Apply for this Scholarship
Visit our scholarship application website to apply for this and other scholarships*.
*Applicants must meet scholarship eligibility requirements
» Return to the search page