Andy Jacobs Jr. Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship is for an undergraduate student enrolled in the School of Liberal Arts at IUPUI. This scholarship celebrates the life and memory of Congressman Andy Jacobs Jr., a remarkable public servant, citizen, veteran, teacher, friend, husband, and father, a Democrat who served the central Indiana district in the U.S. House of Representatives for 30 years and who later brought his commitment to democracy to the classroom as an adjunct faculty member in political science in the School of Liberal Arts at IUPUI. The scholarship recognizes the potential of all students to make important contributions to our community and nation.
Eligibility requirements include:
- The recipient may be a full-time or part-time student and must be in good academic standing although recipient selection should not be based solely on academic achievement or performance
- Demonstrate financial need
- Demonstrate a thirst for justice and a passion for addressing social concerns in an innovative and compassionate manner, as determined by the Scholarship Committee of the School
Students must apply for consideration for the Scholarship, and the application will include a statement in the format of a podcast in which the student communicates his or her ideas and motivation(s)on how he or she relates this passion to his or her educational pursuits. The selection committee will place priority on the applicants' oral communication skills.
- Scholarship Amount: $750
- Application Deadline: February 1
- Department: Liberal Arts
- Keywords: undergraduate part time full time financial need social justice
For more information, contact:
- Scholarship Manager
- Phone: 317-274-2465
Apply for this Scholarship
Visit our scholarship application website to apply for this and other scholarships*.
*Applicants must meet scholarship eligibility requirements
» Return to the search page