Audrey Harshbarger Study Abroad Scholarship
Created to honor the memory of Audrey Harshbarger, Jean Oswalt’s grandmother, whose belief and faith in young people and commitment to their learning through experience has inspired many to further Indiana University's mission and to encourage others to give to Indiana University. This award seeks to support students who study abroad because that experience develops a person’s understanding of our place in a global society, and the donors believe that this experience is integral to a person’s education.
Eligible candidates will be undergraduate students majoring or minoring in a Liberal Arts discipline and enrolled in an accredited study abroad program for a semester or yearlong academic program (summer programs are not eligible).
Eligible students must be:
- Enrolled for academic credit, and the program in which they are enrolled must be a part of the student’s undergraduate program of study.
- Student must have a minimum 2.75 GPA
- Credit must be agreed upon with the department or program and placed in the student’s record before departure.
Expenditures may include, but are not limited to, reasonable living expenses, and/or travel to and from the program site and may not exceed one third of those expenses.
Selection will be made by a committee of based on:
- applicant's academic record
- essay on the reasons the study abroad program will positively impact their academic and professional goals(maximum 500 words)
- letter of recommendation from a faculty member.
- Scholarship Amount: up to $1200
- Application Deadline: February 1
- Department: Liberal Arts
- Keywords: Study Abroad semester
For more information, contact:
- Evelyn Safder, Scholarship Manager
- Phone: 317-274-2868
Apply for this Scholarship
Visit our scholarship application website to apply for this and other scholarships*.
*Applicants must meet scholarship eligibility requirements
» Return to the search page