- Academic Program
- Lectures & Symposia
- Faculty & Staff
- Global Health
- Contact Us
HELPFUL QUICK RESOURCES
Student Essay Award
Deadline for Submission: February 16, 2015
The Medical Humanities Student Essay Award is given to a student whose paper from a course taken at the IUPUI campus is judged to be the best on a topic in the medical humanities and health studies. This $250 award recognizes the work of students in understanding health and medicine from the perspectives of the Humanities, Law, and Social Sciences.
Criteria: The paper must be written by an undergraduate or graduate/professional student for a course taken at IUPUI, and written within the past two academic years on a subject that utilizes the perspectives of the humanities or health studies (i.e., ethical, legal, social, historical, etc.) to gain a broader understanding of medicine and healthcare. Graduate theses and dissertations are not eligible for this award.
The typical paper should be 10 to 25 double-spaced and numbered pages in length, and preferably submitted electronically (via email) as an attached Microsoft WORD or pdf document, or on a clean, typed hard copy. Send electronic copies attached to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and hard copies should be delivered to Cavanaugh 141 by 5:00p.m., Monday, February 16, 2015. Confirmations of receipt of entries will be emailed to the applicants. Entries received after the deadline cannot be accepted or considered for the competition.
The paper must have a separate title page with the following information:
• Student’s name, address, telephone number, AND email address
• Date the paper was written
• IUPUI Course for which it was written (please include course number, title, and instructor)
• Student status at the time of writing, and current student status.
PLEASE NOTE: The remaining pages should not have any identifying information, but should have the paper title and page numbers. Submissions not following these instructions cannot be accepted.
Selection Process: Papers will be judged by the Medical Humanities Program Committee, and the award will be announced at the 2015 Liberal Arts Honors Convocation ceremonies. In the event of a tie, the award will be split between co-winners. Undergraduate papers are judged separately from graduate papers.
For questions or more information, please call 274-4740 or email Judi Campbell at email@example.com.
- IUPUI to host program of digital technology courses …
- Thomas J. Davis selected as dean of IU …
- Veteran IU leader Nasser Paydar selected as new …
- IUPUI listed on 2014 President’s Honor Roll …
- IUPUI Regatta: A Canoe Race on the Downtown Canal
September 19 || Read More »
- 27th Annual Joseph T. Taylor Symposium
February 25 || Read More »
- A Celebration of Scholarship: The Liberal Arts Honors Convocation 2016
April 23 || Read More »