The SLA Office of Research provides support for faculty in all stages of the funded research process. Whether you want assistance laying out your research pathway, searching for funding opportunities for your project, preparing a proposal, learning about compliance requirements for human subject research, or paying people on your funded project, we partner with you to help you achieve success.
Pre-Award Services (Research Development and Proposal Preparation)
- Funding opportunity searches
- Proposal guideline review and summary
- Budget preparation
- Proposal production timeline
- Application formatting
- Proposal assembly for submission to agency
- Critique of your research narrative
- Document preparation, especially Facilities/Resources and Budget Justification
- Kuali Coeus proposal development document preparation
- Human Subject research guidance, including training and certification
Post-award services will be provided to faculty researchers who receive awards for internally and externally funded projects. The SLA Research Office is your primary resource to help you manage your project efficiently and effectively, in compliance with agency and University policies and procedures.
Post-award services include:
- Administrative consultation on budget management, travel, hiring research staff, purchasing, participant incentives, etc.
- Grant transaction processing, including part-time employee hiring, salary allocations, summer salary, purchases, and travel arrangements
- Directing grant personnel to university policies
- Advice on implementing policies to achieve your project’s goals and objectives
- Updating investigators and project manager on changes in University and funding agency policies
- Monthly grant account review and reconciliation
- Effort Report Certification assistance
- Directing grant personnel to the Institutional Review Board and other research compliance regulatory bodies and resources
Contact Mary Cox (firstname.lastname@example.org, 317-274-4185)