Graduate Study in Liberal Arts
At IUPUI, the IU School of Liberal Arts takes advantage of its urban environment and focuses on student needs by providing advanced education with an eye for application of knowledge. The extraordinary faculty offer diverse opportunities at the graduate level through a range of courses spanning the school’s 11 departments and multiple programs. Graduate classes are small, and students have the opportunity to work closely with professors whose research expertise matches their own interests.
Liberal Arts Graduate Students:
- Choose from certificate programs (15-21 credits), master’s degrees (30-36 credits), or the Ph.D. (90 credits).
- Accommodate their working schedule by taking graduate classes in the late afternoon or evening
- Pursue graduate education part-time or full-time; complete degrees quickly or take up to 5 years to finish
- Take advantage of internship experiences with government, nonprofits, and businesses
- Work closely with expert faculty with their academic and research interests
- Join over 300 students enrolled in Liberal Arts graduate programs
- Prepare for careers in a wide variety of fields and/or for further study.