External Affairs Tools
The Office of Development and External Affairs in the IU School of Liberal Arts provides a variety of resources for use by departments, programs, and centers and their faculty and staff.
- IU Brand
- Signature and Logo Policies
- Email Signature Style Sheet
- Letterhead and Business Cards
- Printable undergraduate and graduate degree brochures
- Resources for Printing Posters
- Liberal Arts Paper Stocks
- Web Development
- Social Media
- News Announcement Policy
- Information Dissemination and Event Promotion
- Digital Signage Request Form
- Promotional Items
- Campus-wide Training Opportunities
- What you can do for the #LiberalArtsWorks campaign
In 2013, Indiana University launched a system-wide brand and related materials. For information, resources, templates, and up-to-date brand changes, please visit the branding website. To see the officlal announcement, click here.
Signature and Logo Policies
The School of Liberal Arts follows the standards established by Indiana University’s visual identity policies. These standards established the common signatures for all Indiana University entities and prohibit the use of unit logos. All units of the School of Liberal Arts will follow both School and University standards and will not develop or use identifiers (logos) that are not in compliance or that create a representation that appears to create a status independent of the School of Liberal Arts, IUPUI or Indiana University.
For assistance in obtaining your unit signature or advice on its use, please contact Lauralee Wikkerink. An official signature file is required for the production of letterhead or business cards. There is a cost of $115 for the creation of new signatures, payable through your university account.
- Indiana University Integrated Image Information
- Liberal Arts Signatures and Color Palette Style Guide
The formal name of the school is the: IU School of Liberal Arts at IUPUI.
Departments, centers, and programs should be identified as the: Department of [Insert Name] in the IU School of Liberal Arts at IUPUI.
Faculty and staff should be identified as: [Insert Name], professor of political science in the IU School of Liberal Arts at IUPUI or [discipline] professor [Insert Name] of the IU School of Liberal Arts at IUPUI.
Email Signature Style Sheet
A common email signature style is available for use by Liberal Arts faculty and staff. It provides key information to email recipients and provides faculty and staff with a school-created tool for use in e-correspondence.
Letterhead and Business Cards
To view the Electronic letterhead documentation, click here.
To order official Indiana University letterhead, envelopes, and business cards, visit the Miles Printing website.
Printable undergraduate and graduate degree brochures
This grid of degrees offered in the School of Liberal Arts is for printing, display, and distribution by Liberal Arts faculty and staff for recruitment and informational purposes.
Resources for Printing Posters
Large scale printing is available in Cavanaugh Hall 008C. Click here for more information.
Liberal Arts Paper Stocks
Several standard paper stocks are provided by Liberal Arts for use by departments, programs, and centers. Please contact the Dean’s Office to request a supply.
- Photo Stationary Samples #1 - 8
- Photo Notecard Sample
- Certificate Paper Sample
- Compliments Card Sample
- Bottom Banner Sample
Faculty and staff are encouraged to use the following Liberal Arts template when presenting their work via PowerPoint.
Resources and support for department, center, and program web development are provided by the Liberal Arts Web Manager, Amy Townsend.
News Announcement Policy
Content presented for use on the School of Liberal Arts website, the sites of its units, and other School venues is subject to editing and revision. Announcements are posted at the discretion of the Office of the Dean.
Information Dissemination and Event Promotion
If you have accomplishments to share, please share them with the Office of Development and External Affairs. We will help you spread the word through school and campus venues.
Large scale events at which a significant number of off-campus guests are expected, or which require special consideration from Campus Facilities Services or the Campus Police, require completion of the campus event application. Click here for more information about IUPUI Event & Conference Services. The Office of Development and External Affairs in the School of Liberal Arts should also be notified.
For promotion of single events which are expected to be of interested to the campus community only, you may promote them through the following avenues. Events are an opportunity to get the word out about your department and Liberal Arts; therefore, remember to include yourself and the school as the sponsoring entity.
These venues are also available for dissemination of information, news, and opportunities as appropriate. Hyperlinks either provide more information, submission forms, or generate an email to the assigned individual.
- JagTV (television screens across campus - submit form)
- Campus Center Digital Signage (television screens in the Campus Center - submit form)
- JagNews (twice weekly e-newsletter; students are primary audience - submit form)
- Inside IUPUI (weekly e-newsletter; faculty and staff are primary audience - submit form)
- Inside IU (news for faculty and staff from the campuses of Indiana University)
- IUPUI Facebook page (campus site in social media environment - post your own items)
- Campus Bulletin Boards and Postings (IUPUI and Campus Center policies and opportunities for posting fliers on campus)
- Campus Center Table Tents (Request Form - PDF)
- Online events calendar submission form (single entry system for department, school, and campus online calendar - contact your department for assistance)
- Liberal Arts faculty and staff listservs (email listsers for school faculty and school staff - follow guidelines and submit message to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Liberal Arts student listserv (email listserv for Liberal Arts majors - submissions are sent to Amy Jones Richardson)
- Liberal Arts slatwall displays (Cavanaugh Hall 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floor lobby display areas - requests are made through the Dean’s Office)
- Liberal Arts display case (Cavanaugh Hall 1st floor lobby display case available for monthly reservation - requests are made through the Dean’s Office)
- Liberal Arts website "ads" and image rotation (high profile positioning on school website - contact Lauralee Wikkerink)
- Liberal Arts Facebook page (school site in social media environment - post your own items)
- Liberal Arts FYI (bi-monthly news sheet distributed to university leaders and community friends - submit content to Gen Shaker by the 10th of each month)
Digital Signage Request Form
Digital signs are located in the basement and 2nd and 3rd floor lobbies of Cavanaugh Hall. To be considered for placement on the Cavanaugh Hall digital signage schedule, please fill out the following form: Digital Signage Request Form
* Personnel in the Office of Development and External Affairs design all digital signs, and will send it to you for approval before posting. We do not accept pre-designed digital screens from units within the School of Liberal Arts.
** Please note: a minimum of 2 weeks is required for most digital signage requests. Earlier posts may be accommodated, but not promised. **Digital signage requests are limited to 2 at a time. Thank you!
The Liberal Arts Dean’s Office offers imprinted promotional items that are available for use by faculty and staff for student and faculty recruitment and other purposes. Items are offered either free of charge or for a discounted rate in larger quantities. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- Folders $.75 each (first 10 free)
- License plate holders (free)
- Pens - red/white imprint (free)
- Pens - gray/white imprint (free)
- Pens - 4-in-1 ink $.30 each
- Post-it notes - yellow $.25 each
- Post-it notes - hot pink $.25 each
- Post-it notes - red/white $.25 each
- Photo paper - 8.5x11 (free)
- Temporary tattoos (free)
- Tote bags - red/white $1.00 each (first 5 free)
- Water bottles - gray/white $1.00 each (first 5 free)
- Water bottles - red/white $1.00 each (first 5 free)
*You Pick Two: free items are limited to two types of promotional items. Depending on the number of items needed, discussion is possible.
Professional photography services are available for a rate of $65/hour (workdays) from the IU School of Medicine Office of Visual Media. Weekend and after hours rates differ. Contact the IU School of Medicine Office of Visual Media for additional rate information.
Digital cameras may be checked out free of charge from the Communications Technology Laboratory in the School of Liberal Arts. Contact Mike Maitzen for information.
Please use this model release form to ensure that you are taking authorized photos, video and/or audio.
Upon occasion the campus or the school is able to send a photographer to document particular events. To inquire, please contact Lauralee Wikkerink.
The Office of Development and External Affairs offers occasional workshops on event planning, media relations, and other topics. Please see the events calendar for more information.
How One Department Spoke and the Media Listened
A panel featuring Religious Studies faculty members:
Edward Curtis, Johnny Flynn, Philip Goff, Andrea Jain, and Peter Thuesen
The media turns to faculty from the Department of Religious Studies when in need of expertise. Media outlets including National Public Radio, PBS, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, The Indianapolis Star, various regional newspapers and television stations, and online sources like Religious Dispatches and Indian Country Today depend on our colleagues for op-eds, commentary, interviews, and more on religious topics of all kinds.
What you can do for the #LiberalArtsWorks campaign
From posting your own videos, to inviting your students to follow us on social media, here’s a tip sheet for you to help us demonstrate that #LiberalArtsWorks.
Please consider including the #LiberalArtsWorks hashtag when creating posters, flyers, PowerPoint presentations, etc. Do NOT change or modify the font. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.