Online Journals / Book List / Lesson Plans / Online Discussions / Conferences / Electronic Citation / Publishing
Online Journals and Meta-sites
- Asian Journal of English Language Teaching—An international journal that reviews previously unpublished manuscripts (1) linking ESL/EFL theory, research, and pedagogy and (2) relating specifically to the teaching of English to Asians at the university level.
- English Teaching Forum—A quarterly journal published by the U.S. Department of State for teachers of English as a foreign or second language. They welcome submissions from English language teachers around the world.
- English Teaching Professional—Contains articles relevant to the various TESOL professions. Can only view sample edition for free.
- ESL Magazine—A bi-monthly magazine. Can only view sample edition for free.
- Journal of Second Language Writing—An international quarterly journal on second and foreign language writing research
- Language Learning & Technology—Publishes research related to technology and second language education.
- Language Magazine—Focuses on multi-language and multi-cultural immersion.
- Reading Online [L1, L2]—A Web-based journal of the International Reading Association (IRA), focusing on literacy, methods, performance, assessment, and a variety of other educational issues.
- TESL-EJ—A quarterly web-based journal that provides articles on a wide range of ESL topics, book reviews, training resources for teachers, and a discussion forum.
- The Internet TESL Journal—Includes articles, research papers, lesson plans, teaching techniques, and class materials. Also welcomes submissions.
- The Reading Matrix—Explores issues related to L2 reading, L2 literacy in a broader sense, and other issues related to second language learning and teaching. Provides overviews of books helpful to those in the ESL profession. Welcomes article submissions.
Sites for Teaching/Learning
Book Resource List
The following is a list of links to primary publishers in the field of English as a Second Language
The following is a list of links to online discussion forums in the field of TESOL:
Electronic Citation Resources
The following websites are publishing companies that publish books and/or a listing of journals that publish articles related to ESL education:
From this website, you can click on any journal and investigate its publishing procedures. New pages will open in new windows.