Bachelor of Arts in Economics
All majors must complete the following:
- ECON-E201: Introduction to Microeconomics
- ECON-E202: Introduction to Macroeconomics
- ECON-E270: Introduction toStatistical Theory for Econocmics and Business
- ECON-E321: Intermediate Microeconomic Theory
- ECON-E322: Intermediate Macroeconomic Theory
These courses should be completed by the end of the junior year. Note that E201 is a prerequisite for E202 and E321 and that E202 is a prerequisite for E322.
The general track requires an additional six courses, consisting of the following:
- Three (3) 300 or 400 level electives from Economics (9 credit hours)
- MATH-M118: Finite Mathematics (3 credit hours)
- MATH-M119: Brief Survey of Calculus I (3 credit hours)
- ECON-E406: Senior Survey (3 credit hours)
The total number of credit hours is 33.
The quantitative track requires an additional six courses (or seven courses, depending on the math sequence) consisting of the following:
- One (1) 300 or 400 level elective (excluding E470) (3 credit hours)
- ECON-E470: Introduction to Econometrics (3 credit hours)
- MATH 16500: Analytic Geometry ∧ Calculus I (4 credit hours)
- MATH 16600: Analytic Geometry ∧ Calculus II (4 credit hours)
- ECON-E406: Senior Seminar (3 credit hours)
The total number of credit hours is 32.
To satisfy the department’s residency requirement, at least 12 credit hours of economics must be taken at IUPUI. A grade of C (2.0) or better must be received in each course required for the major (a C- does not count). The Department of Economics accepts only two 300 to 400 level courses from the business minor toward Area III of the School of Liberal Arts Distribution requirements.
What should I do if interested?
For advising in the selection of courses contact the Economics Undergraduate Advisor:
Archana Dubé, firstname.lastname@example.org, (317) 278-7244